We welcome campers at our two beautiful properties in Cochamó and La Junta—
- Riverside Lodge, at the entrance to the valley, near the Rio Cochamó bridge (5 kms south of Cochamó village); and
- Moutain Lodge-La Junta – 20 kms up the Cochamó trail, in the upper La Junta Valley.
At both locations, we limit the number of campers and campsites to ensure a tranquil, enjoyable, nature experience for our guests.
The cost of camping is US$8 (5.000 pesos) per person per night.
Camping facilities at Riverside
- Campsites with river view; covered “quincho” with benches and table for cooking & dining.
- Dishwashing and toilets about 25 meters from tent area.
- Can arrive by car to parking on other side of river, then walk about 150 meters to Riverside.
- No open fires permitted. Cook stoves required. Meals may be purchased with prior notice.
Camping facilities at Mountain Lodge—La Junta
- You can arrive here by hiking or on horseback. Hikers need to use our cable car to cross the river Cochamó. (It is too deep to walk across.)
- Campsites with latrines and dishwashing facility, near trees and open field.
- Covered “quincho” area for cooking and eating.
- No open fires permitted. Cook stoves required. Usually, meals are not available – unless arranged at the time of making your reservation.
INFORMATION for 2016-17 season
To avoid disappointment, PLEASE MAKE CONFIRMED, PRE-PAID RESERVATIONS between December–February. We will send you a confirmation document.
If you do not have a reservation in advance, please stop by our Riverside Lodge first, before going all the way to the trailhead. (Riverside Lodge is right by the Rio Cochamó bridge – click here to see how to get there.) Please do not hike directly to La Junta/Mountain Lodge–as the cable car or gate may be locked and you may not have access to the site or our spaces may be full.