We welcome campers at our two beautiful properties in Cochamó and La Junta—
- Riverside Lodge, at the entrance to the valley, near the Rio Cochamó bridge (5 kms south of Cochamó village); and
- Moutain Lodge-La Junta – 20 kms up the Cochamó trail, in the upper La Junta Valley.
At both locations, we limit the number of campers and campsites to ensure a tranquil, enjoyable experience for our guests.
The cost of camping is US$8 (5.000 pesos) per person per night.
Camping at Mountain Lodge—La Junta
- Arrival by hiking or on horseback only. Hikers need to use cable car to cross the river Cochamó.
- Campsites with latrines and dishwashing facility, near trees and open field.
- Covered “quincho” area for cooking and eating.
- No open fires permitted. Cook stoves required.
- NOTE: Advance, confirmed reservations are required to access the trail and a campsite at Mountain Lodge La Junta.
If you do not have a reservation in advance, please stop by our Riverside Lodge first, before going all the way to the trailhead. (Riverside Lodge is right by the Rio Cochamó bridge – click here to see how to get there.)
Please do not hike directly to La Junta/Mountain Lodge–as the cable car or gate may be locked and you may not have access to the site or our spaces may be full.
LEARN MORE about our La Junta camping.
Camping at Riverside
- Vehicle access; parking is about 150 meters away from lodge/camping area; cross by footbridge.
- Campsites with river view; covered “quincho” with benches and table for cooking & dining.
- Dishwashing and toilets about 25 meters from tent area.
- No open fires permitted. Cook stoves required. Meals may be purchased with prior notice.
You do not need advance booking for Riverside camping, although we recommend it between December-February.
LEARN MORE about camping at Riverside.
Since January 2017, the municipality and landowners of Cochamó/La Junta have made rules and regulations governing trail access and camping. Please read these here.